Below are the guidelines we use for protecting the information you provide us.
- Collection, disclosure and use of personal information
- Access to personal information
- Opting Out
Types of information we collect and hold
The types of personal information we collect and hold include:
- contact details (for example, name, postal address, email address, telephone number(s) and facsimile number);
- information about orders placed by customers;
- information about prospective employees which is collected during the recruitment process, such as employment history and educational qualifications;
- financial information, such as credit/debit card information or other billing information;
- information about customers’ experience with our products.
We may also collect other information that is not linked to your personal information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website.
Where practical, we will collect personal information directly from you when we deal with you in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website or subscribe to our services.
For example, we may collect your personal information when you:
- make enquiries about our product or services;
- purchase our products or services;
- provide feedback to us;
- submit tender documents to us;
- apply for a job or work experience with us; or
- enter into an agreement with us.
In the course of carrying out our functions and activities, we may collect personal information about you indirectly from publicly available sources or from third parties such as recruitment agencies or entities which refer work or recommend service providers to us.
In general, you can visit our website without revealing personal information. There are times, however, when we may need your personal information in order to service your needs. For example, if you wish to order or request products, services or information you may be required to share certain personal information with us so that we can process your order or request. If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or offer you a job or work experience.
Use and disclosure of information
The purposes for which we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information include:
- to supply you with our products and services;
- to answer your enquiries or provide information, support or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to send marketing communications to you;
- to invite you to participate in surveys or notify you about special promotions for our products;
- to process, negotiate or perform transactions or agreements which are entered into between us and our customers, suppliers, distributors, contractors, consultants and other service providers;
- to price and design our products and services;
- assess whether to do business with you and to manage our relationship with you;
- to respond to any complaint made by you; and
- any related, secondary or ancillary purposes.
In order to provide you with our services and products, we occasionally need to disclose your personal information to:
- our related companies;
- organisations that are responsible in whole or in part for processing or fulfilling your order or request, marketing our products or supporting the operation of our business (such as mailing houses, credit card processors, credit reporting bodies, debt collectors, providers of customer support, marketing and communications, shipping agents, order fulfilment and delivery providers and medical assessment, recruitment and psychometric assessment providers);
- any successor to our business.
We may transfer your personal information to, or store it at, a destination outside Australia. For example, your personal information may be disclosed to one of related companies, which are based in other countries such as the USA, United Kingdom, New Zealand and Mexico. Your personal information may also be processed by staff operating outside Australia, who work for us, our related companies or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
We also utilise third party software and technologies to record, store and manage personal information collected by us. Consequentially your personal information may be stored on third party servers which may be located in range of different countries at any one time including in the USA.
Links to third-party websites
Our website may make forums and message boards available to you. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
We offer various free electronic newsletters. We do not spam, nor sell or rent email addresses. You can unsubscribe from receiving electronic news letters by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and including the word ‘Unsubscribe’ in the email subject.
We sometimes offer contests on our website. Participation in these contests requires that you provide us with certain personal information. At a minimum, the required information includes name and email address. In some cases, the entrant must answer mandatory survey questions about a range of technical interests and personal information. The information gathered in the entry form is used to verify the entrant's identity and eligibility, to contact winners or prize recipients, and to market and sell our products. Because the rules and terms of each contest can vary, all information about each contest is clearly posted no our website during the event.
Forward to a friend feature
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our website, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. Your email address will appear as the sender of the email and we will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the website. Both your email address and the recipient's email address will not be used for any other purpose except to facilitate the sending of this one-time email to your friend. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Like most standard websites, we use log files to automatically log information such as IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We log this information to manage traffic loads, identify the content most commonly accessed and determine information technology requirements for providing reliable service, or other web management, deployment, tracking, maintenance and similar activities. We do not use this information to identify you.
Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as web beacons) are used on our website and/or in our communications to enhance your experience by allowing us to tailor our content based on your interests, and distinguish you from other users of our website. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that does not contain any personal information, and that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device. A cookie can contain information, such as a user ID or preferences, which the website uses to personalise content, track the pages you have visited or to save your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our website. We do not track your personal information through cookies, unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering or logging on to our website.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies or other tracking mechanisms necessary to make our website function as intended. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies enable us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). They may also be used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Third-party advertising cookies. These cookies placed on your device by third parties record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
You can also adjust your browser settings to receive a message every time a cookie is installed on your computer or to prevent their installation altogether. Although rejection of cookies will not interfere with your ability to interact with most of our website, you will need to accept cookies if you choose to enter areas of our website that require registration or login. Certain other functions and/or services might be unavailable to you if you reject cookies altogether (such as remembering your choice of language).
You may at any time request access to a summary of your personal information held by us, and request corrections or updates to that information. We will give you access to your personal information, and will take reasonable steps to correct it if we consider that it is incorrect, unless there is a law that allows or requires us not to. If you would like to access or correct your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer, Tim Bryant at email@example.com. If we refuse to give you access to your personal information, or to correct it, we will notify you in writing and will provide reasons.
In order to provide you with our products and services, we rely on the accuracy of the personal information that you provide. Please notify us of any changes to your personal information, such as your name, address, title, telephone number or e-mail address, by contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to make a complaint to us about how we have handled your personal information, you should forward a written complaint to our Privacy Officer:
Gilbarco Australia Pty Ltd
Post: 20 Highgate Street, Auburn, NSW, 2144
We will respond in writing within 30 days of receipt of a complaint.
If the complaint remains unresolved, you have the option of notifying the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Contact details can be found at OAIC’s website: www.oaic.gov.au.
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is important that the information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. This means that from time to time, we will ask individuals to tell us if there are any changes to their personal information. If an individual finds that information we holds about it is incorrect, they should contact us immediately and we will correct it.
Your personal information is held electronically on our information technology systems. Historical records, such as hard copy agreements containing personal information, are stored securely in locked filing cabinets or locked offices in physical storage archives located in Australia and New Zealand. These documents are periodically and securely destroyed when they are no longer required for the purposes outlined in this policy.
We limit access to personal information about you to our employees and third-party agents, who we reasonably believe need to have access to your information to provide you with the information or services you request from us.
Our website has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we use industry standards, such as Secure Socket Layers (“SSL”) technology, to help safeguard against such occurrences.
If you do not wish to receive certain communications from us, or our affiliates or representatives, you may opt out by: (1) declining the service offered when registering or at other information collection points on the website, (2) informing us via email at email@example.com that you no longer wish to receive such communications, or (3) following the instructions that we include in each of our communications. We will comply with such requests unless such communications from us are required by law or do not require your consent under applicable laws. If you opt out of certain communications, you may not be able to access certain of our products or services.