Increase Lottery Sales with Play at the Pump
Everyone knows winning the lottery is just luck; however, that still doesn’t stop people from dreaming of being that special person with the golden ticket. That is why Gilbarco Veeder-Root has developed Play at the Pump. By making quick pick lottery tickets more available to customers on the forecourt, your business has the potential to bring in more sales. Play at the Pump with Linq3 lets you sell lottery tickets directly from the pump with your Passport point of sale and help customers skip the line and indulge on that impulse buy
When a customer pulls into a c-store’s forecourt to refuel their vehicle, before the gas is dispensed, the dispenser will ask if a customer is interested in buying a ticket. From that point, if a customer is interested, they press Accept, and then pay with a debit card (not available to purchase with a credit card). It is that simple!
The customer will then have the option to print or text their lottery numbers. If a customer wins below $600, the money is transferred right into the card used to purchase the ticket. However, if it is above $600, the customer must go to a local lottery office to receive winnings.
*Lottery at the pump is currently active in Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Missouri, and California
Lottery at the pump was developed with the concept of availability and simplicity in mind. Some customers do not want to wait in line in the store to solely buy a lottery ticket. That is why Lottery at the Pump was developed – to allow of-age customers the ability to quickly and easily purchase a ticket and go along their way.
On the flipside, there are many benefits Lottery at the pump brings to the c-store that all ultimately contribute to a store’s brand and strengthen its relationship with its customers.
The benefits are:
- Increase Lottery Sales. Upsell to the 30% of customers that do not enter the store. By offering this benefit to the customers on the forecourt, you will attract those customers that want gas and a quick lottery ticket before leaving the area. No Lines. No extra time. Increasing customer awareness of lottery jackpots outside will complement lottery sales inside.
- Customer Loyalty. Customers can receive text messages of numbers played, enabling the process of tracking winning tickets and driving traffic to your site as the preferred choice for lottery purchases.
- Simplified Transactions. Winnings of up to $600 are automatically deposited to the customer's payment card - making their lottery experience more convenient.
- No Additional Card Fees. Lottery purchase payments are processed through a separate host from fueling and all associated card fees are covered by Linq3.
- Easy Installation. With an active internet connection through the Passport DMZ port, Play at the Pump is a simple feature bundle to Passport.
- Maximize Uptime. Because Play at the Pump acts as a peripheral to the site, the point-of-sale will operate as normal without lottery tickets being offered at the dispenser in the event of unlikely host connection issues.
- Lowest cost of ownership. Play at the Pump is a software upgrade to Passport v10, that uses standard dispenser receipt paper and interfaces directly with the dispenser eliminating the need for additional forecourt hardware.
- Faster Lines. Meet the needs of customers who just want fuel and lottery tickets at the pump and avoid long lines for in-store customers.