- 1860 - 1880
- 1880 - 1900
- 1900 - 1920
- 1920 - 1940
- 1940 - 1970
- 1970 - 1990
- 1990 - 2003
- 2003 - 2010
- 2010 - 2015
- The Gilbarco® brand and companies are acquired by the Fortive Corporation.
- Gilbarco acquired Catlow, Tipp City, Ohio.
- Gilbarco acquired ANGI Energy Systems, LLC, Janesville, WI.
- Gilbarco acquired Outcast Media, Santa Monica, CA.
- Gilbarco was first in the industry to announce UL listing for E85 (85% ethanol) dispensers and blenders.
- Gilbarco FlexPay™ EMV CRIND® processed North America's first EMV transactions at the pump in Montreal, Quebec.
- Passport® point of sale system’s unique architecture separated c-store POS systems functions from audited payment applications, helping it become the first POS to achieve PA-DSS validated applications on all the industry's networks.
- Gilbarco acquired the Petroleum Dispensing Pump Business Unit of Larsen & Toubro Limited, Mumbai, India.
- The Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council validated the Passport point of sale system's Enhanced Dispenser Hub as compliant with the Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS).
- Gilbarco shipped the first Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) dispensers designed for North America.
- Gilbarco introduced the Gasboy PLUS series fleet management systems.
- Gilbarco installed the first Wisdom™ Intelligent Device Management systems, enabling retailers to remotely manage all the systems and devices at their stores.
- Gilbarco® FlexPay™ Encrypting PIN Pads won CSP Magazine's Retailer Choice Best New Product. It provided the first cost-effective way for retailers to comply with Payment Card Industry requirements.
- The industry’s first and best website, www.AskAboutPCI.com, made its debut, educating retailers about payment compliance.
- Gilbarco Veeder-Root's Greensboro factory was featured on The Travel Channel's “Made In America.”
- Gilbarco acquired Autotank Group of Tampere, Finland, the leading maker of Outdoor Payment Terminals used across Europe.
- Applause™ Media System enabled retailers to feature advanced, colorful merchandising at the pump and provide coupons and other valuable information to fueling customers.
- Gilbarco introduced the Express Ordering™ self-service foodservice system for convenience stores..
- The company hosted its first Retail Solutions Users’ Conference in Pinehurst, NC.
- The Mexican government approved Encore S for their dispenser replacement program.
- Gilbarco Veeder-Root introduces the industry's first integrated contactless smart card reader for gas pumps, approved for MasterCard PayPass, ExpressPay from American Express, and Visa.
- The Gilbarco FlexPay™ Outdoor Payment Terminal was awarded EuroPay MasterCard Visa (EMV) and Visa International certification for use in Europe.
- DOMS, a leading provider of European forecourt controllers based in Denmark, joined the Gilbarco Veeder-Root family through acquisition.
- Danaher Corporation acquires Gasboy International Inc. ("Gasboy"). Gasboy operations are relocated to Greensboro, NC and merged with Gilbarco Veeder-Root.
- Gilbarco and Veeder-Root join forces under a unified marketing brand as the world leader in retail petroleum products and services, submerged turbine pumps, and retail automation systems.
- The Gilbarco® brand and companies are acquired by the Danaher Corporation, parent company of Veeder-Root® and the Red Jacket® brands.
- New Passport® POS announced with intuitive, graphical user interface.
- Encore® gasoline fuel dispensers announced, heralding a new generation of electronic, web-capable dispensers.
- Gilbarco demonstrates interactive merchandising content on a gas pump via the web.
- Gilbarco demonstrates web-based remote diagnostics and software upgrades.
- Acquisition and merger announced with Logitron Latin America, now known as Gilbarco Latin America, and offices opened in Mexico.
- Pumapro™ POS introduced Europe, South America, and Asia.
- SK98™ amd Enterprise™ dispensers introduced by Gilbarco Germany (Salzkotten).
- Japanese LLMPD introduced by Gilbarco Australia.
- TRIND®announced, using RFID (radio frequency identification system) for cashless, wireless payment.
- Unattended fueling using G-SITE introduced.
- Gilbarco acquired Germany's leading manufacturer of petroleum dispensing equipment, Tankanlagen Salzkotten.
- Gilbarco acquired Logitron, the leading Italian supplier of forecourt services, fuel dispensing equipment, and retail automation products.
- Gilbarco introduced its new PC-based G-SITE® POS system.
- Infoscreen® interactive color display introduced on The Advantage® Series Dispensers.
- VaporVac® introduced as a vapor recovery system that helps reclaim gasoline vapors emitted while fueling
- The Advantage® Series dispensers introduced by Gilbarco Inc. in North America.
- Euroline™ dispensers introduced by Gilbarco Ltd in the UK.
- Historic partnership established that created the Beijing Chang Gi Service Station Equipment Company in the Peoples Republic of China (Gilbarco China).
- Advanced blender technology introduced that replaced mechanical blending hardware with newer electronic blending technology.
- Gilbarco acquired by the General Electric Company plc of the UK.
- Pay-at-the pump technologies pioneered, featuring built-in credit/debit card reader system called CRIND®.
- Puma Host family of pump controllers and POS systems introduced by Italian-based Logitron, srl.
- The Multi-Product Dispenser® (MPD®) is introduced by Gilbarco, offering motorists unprecedented fueling convenience in one location.
- Smart dispenser introduced, featuring electronic price and volume displays.
- Gilbert and Barker Manufacturing Company relocated headquarters and US manufacturing facility to Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Gilbert and Barker Manufacturing Company officially changes its corporate name to Gilbarco.
- G & B consolidates and opens operations in UK.
- Gilbarco opens operations in South Africa.
- Licensees manufacture Gilbarco pumps in Brazil, Germany, Italy, Denmark, Holland, India, and France.
- G & B begins sales and service in the UK from several locations near London.
- 'Gilbarco' registered as trademark with US Patent & Trademark Office.
- Gilbert & Barker introduce the first computing pump.
- G & B announced first electric meter pump.
- Gilbarco Australia established.
- 'Gilbarco' brand first appears.
- Gilbert & Barker Manufacturing Co. relocates to new factory in West Springfield, Massachusetts, to manufacture measuring and visible pumps.
- Gilbert & Barker introduced first measuring gasoline pump.
- Gilbert & Barker designed and manufactured its first petroleum pump the T-1, used push-pull motion to draw gasoline from an underground tank for fueling automobiles.
- Ford Motor Company founded in Detroit, Michigan.
- Gilbert & Barker Manufacturing Co. acquired by Standard Oil Company (Standard Oil Company later becomes Exxon).
- Electric light bulb invented by Thomas Edison.
- German Scientist Nikolaus Otto invented the 4-piston internal combustion engine
- Charles Gilbert and John Barker’s partnership was incorporated as the Gilbert & Barker Manufacturing Co. of Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Sir Hiram Maxim (inventor of the Maxim machine gun) hired to create engineering drawings for Gilbert & Barker.
- Charles Gilbert and John Barker partnered to build the "Springfield Gas Machine" that converted crude petroleum distillates into a gas vapor used to light buildings. The partners also designed distribution systems to safely distribute this lighting fuel (naptha) to individual lamps. Their first factory was a wood-frame building 18' x 42'.