What does EMV approval mean to the retailer?
EMV approval is granted on three levels:
- Hardware compliance (devices) – Hardware manufacturers must have certifications on their payment hardware confirming their capability to accept and process EMV transactions.
- Software compliance (inside the device) – Device manufacturers must also have software on their devices that is certified to accept and process EMV transactions.
- Certification with the fuel brand or network – Devices in a payment ecosystem must be certified together either via a major oil or payment processing network prior to being able to accept EMV transactions in the field.
Replace or Retrofit Older Dispensers?
Reasons for Replacing Older Dispensers:
- Increasing Cost of Maintenance: As dispensers age, the average cost of maintaining the pump equipment/hydraulics can increase over time due to normal wear and tear on the equipment.
- Globally, we have seen that dispensers in the field longer than 8 years have higher than average maintenance costs.
- This cost can justify the purchase of a new dispenser versus retrofitting an older dispenser.
- Improved Site Image: Purchasing new dispensers can also improve the image of the site and make it more desirable for customers.
- Increased Traffic: Globally, we have seen that enhanced and modernized sites drive increased traffic
- Tokeim Premier B & C
- Wayne Vista
- Gilbarco Advantage
- Gilbarco Encore 500
- Gilbarco Encore 300
- Gilbarco Encore S
- Gilbarco Encore S ECIM