Gilbarco Veeder-Root finalises purchase of Odysii in Israel
Gilbarco, Inc. has signed and closed a definitive purchase agreement to acquire Odysii Technologies in Tel Aviv, Israel. Located in Tel Aviv, Israel, Odysii pioneered an analytics and consumer messaging platform at the point of purchase designed to be integrated with the point of sale (POS), mobile phones, and other consumer applications. Gilbarco and Odysii announced a strategic partnership back in 2012, and since then have been marketing the Odysii upselling platform as Impulse™. This acquisition highlights our continued commitment to improving consumer engagement for our retail fuel customers.
Impulse™ is a messaging platform that integrates to the POS, driving increased in-store sales. Its consumer-facing interface communicates the store’s promotional calendar, including store specials, loyalty information and offers. Through cloud-based services, Impulse provides upselling messages unique to each consumer by performing analytics in real-time. The system is uniquely flexible to meet the needs of the retailer and is not solely dependent on national advertising.
"Our customers will benefit from this powerful Impulse platform, now with even tighter integration to our Passport POS, as well as future loyalty and mobile applications," said Stephen Moule, President, Gilbarco North America. "As they deploy their EMV technology upgrades, retailers will be able to use Impulse and Passport to improve their loyalty programs, increase consumer retention, and differentiate their sites."
“This is a very exciting time for both Odysii and Gilbarco Veeder-Root.”We are pleased to advance our partnership with Gilbarco by becoming an official part of the team. We look forward to delivering a rich roadmap of targeted merchandising and loyalty features for the POS, as well as other Gilbarco technology “said Adi Eyal, CEO of Odysii.
With this acquisition, the Odysii team will integrate with Gilbarco's retail fuel merchandising experience, establishing the combined business as the technology leader in targeted advertising and upselling in the c-store, as well as with at-pump and mobile loyalty programs. Odysii will become part of Gilbarco's organization, in a new division that will continue to operate from their existing facility in Tel Aviv.
About Gilbarco Veeder-Root
Gilbarco Veeder-Root is a global market leader in fueling and payment systems for convenience stores, hypermarkets and service stations. With a universal range, global reach, deep-rooted expertise and superior customer service, Gilbarco Veeder-Root is committed to building better business for its customers. By understanding the challenges that our customers face, we are able to meet their needs with adaptable and expandable solutions, wherever they are.
Our range of solutions are designed to maximise uptime and profitability. These include:
- Retail Solutions - A comprehensive selection of POS, BOS and HOS for retail forecourts.
- Business Support - Onsite and remote service and support designed to protect assets and drive operational efficiency.
- Pumps & Dispensers - An unparalleled range of robust, reliable, accurate and secure technology.
- Wetstock Management - Smart solutions to enable the total control of wetstock monitoring, consolidating and reconciling.
- The Gilbarco Veeder-Root group of companies has manufacturing, sales, distribution, and service locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim. It is headquartered in Greensboro, NC, with manufacturing and research and development centres in Germany, Italy, UK, Denmark, U.S., India, Argentina, Brazil, China, Australia and Mexico. The European, Middle East and Africa headquarters is based in Basildon, United Kingdom.
Founded in 2004, Tel Aviv-based Odysii is a global provider of marketing intelligence software solutions for one-on-one marketing and suggestive selling at the point-of-purchase. Its software-as-a-service (SaaS)-based solution has delivered targeted selling for retailers such as Mapco Express, Clipper Petroleum, Holmes Oil, 7-Eleven in Asia, and more.
For more information contact:
Marketing and Communication Department
Tel: +44 (0) 1268 533 090