Gilbarco Veeder-Root started out in the hands of Charles Gilbert and John Barker in 1865, when they created the "Springfield Gas Machine", a device that took crude oil and distilled it into steam to form a gas that was used to light buildings .
In the year 1910, Gilbert and Barker developed their first fuel dispenser for cars, which was their first approach to the oil market in which Gilbarco is still leader today.
In 1965 the company officially changed its name to "Gilbarco Inc.", as well as the location of its headquarters and production suppliers, to its present location in Greensboro, North Carolina in the United States. In 2002, "Gilbarco Inc." was acquired by the Danaher Corporation, parent company of Veeder-Root and Red Jacket, finally becoming Gilbarco Veeder-Root.
Gilbarco Latin America
Gilbarco Latin America is located in the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina since 1994. We currently have over 180 employees working in headquarters or service nodes throughout the country.
Our sales and services are supported by its subsidiaries in Brazil and Chile by an extensive network of certified dealers throughout Latin America. Each distributor has a technical support team properly trained by our staff, offering continuous trainings on all the products it sells.