Gilbarco Veeder-Root announces its 150th year of providing fuelling technology and services, building on this legacy of customer focus with a celebration at the NACS Show, Booth #5921, in Las Vegas, Nev. In 1865, Charles Gilbert and John Barker founded the Gilbert and Barker Manufacturing Company in Springfield, Mass., launching their original invention which converted crude petroleum distillates into gas vapour used to light buildings. In 1910, Gilbert and Barker designed and manufactured the first gas pump, called the T-1, based on the fuelling needs of the motoring public, and the company has maintained its leadership position ever since. Over the years, they were the first in a number of other fuelling innovation advances including the first automated pump and the first electronic pump. The company changed its corporate name to Gilbarco Inc. in 1966, moving from Springfield to Greensboro, N.C., the home of its current headquarters.
"We are proud that the majority of leading retailers in the business have been long-time customers and consider it recognition of our commitment to this great industry," says Gilbarco Veeder-Root President, Martin Gafinowitz. "We look forward to providing outstanding fuelling technology and services for another 150 years."
Besides several commemorative events taking place in US, Gilbarco Veeder-Root is also developing several initiatives in Europe to celebrate this key milestone with its customers and associates.
Please download here our commemoration leaflet:
About Gilbarco Veeder-Root
Gilbarco Veeder-Root is a global market leader in fuelling and payment systems for retail fuelling and adjacent markets. With a universal range, global reach, deep-rooted expertise and superior customer service, Gilbarco Veeder-Root is committed to building better business for its customers. By understanding the challenges that our customers face, we are able to meet their needs with adaptable and expandable solutions.
Our range of solutions are designed to maximise uptime and profitability. These include:
- Pumps & Dispensers – An unparalleled range of robust, reliable, accurate and secure technology.
- Wetstock Management – Smart solutions to enable the total control of wetstock monitoring, consolidation and reconciliation.
- Retail Solutions – A comprehensive selection of POS, BOS and HOS for retail forecourts.
- Business Support – Onsite and remote service and support designed to protect assets and drive operational efficiency.
- The Gilbarco Veeder-Root group of companies has manufacturing, sales, distribution and service locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim. It is headquartered in Greensboro, NC, with manufacturing and research and development centres in Germany, Italy, UK, Denmark, U.S., India, Argentina, Brazil, China, Australia and Mexico. The European, Middle East and Africa headquarters is based in Basildon, United Kingdom.
For further information contact:
Marketing and Communication Department
Tel: +44 (0) 1268 533 090